BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

4/7/09 Word/Page Count

Words: 862
Pages: 2


Told you this would be early. It's American Idol night! I've read the spoilers and this is going to be an interesting show. So watch out kiddies.

I got my next book to review, Purge, from the library today. So I'll be working on reading that tonight. Hopefully, I'll have a lot of nice things to say about it.

So I came home after work and I was really hungry! So I made dinner early. Usually I like to eat during American Idol but I couldn't wait. As I was making dinner (just heating stuff up) I suddenly wasn't that hungry anymore. And just before that I was starving! I can't explain it. Seems like I'm ravenous until it's actually time to eat. That annoys me. I don't know why.

Wow, fascinating stuff! you're saying. Sorry! It was a pretty uneventful day.

I wrote for about a half hour today. I have outlined what I want to get through the next few days... well however long it takes for me to write all I've planned. I don't know how long that will take. I was reading an interview with Monica Roe and she said that she spent like three months outlining Thaw. Wow! I could never do that. I'm more of a write my way through it kind of person. And then you can discard anything you don't actually need.

Isn't it so hard to cut things sometimes? Don't fall in love with your own writing! Isn't that rule number one? Because it can be snip-snipped at any time.

But in order to be a writer you have to be a little bit narcissistic, don't you think? Just so you start writing. You have to think that something you say might be a little bit interesting or important. Or why would you ever even do it?

What do you think?

Okay, see you after Idol and voting!

No comments:

Post a Comment